lauantai 30. lokakuuta 2010

On a radio course




Today I got to participate on a radio course. And, to start with, it is important to stretch and get relaxed before you talk on radio.

It happened so that it was next to my deLuxe room I am staying at the radio station. It is such a joy to see that Indonesians here are trained to train other Indonesians on radio. This course was for announcers. Ten participants, ages 20-30. Also such a joy to see young people getting involved. I talked with my translator and she shared she listens to radio in her car. The concept of shortwave radio was new to her, since she has lived all her life in a big city. She thinks it is fashionable to be an announcer.

I shared to the group how it is possible to find out about your audience on-air, using SMS and Minggu system (what they have here to process SMS answers). I encouraged them to ask simple questions from listeners, to find out more about their music taste etc. The SMS answers come to the system, and can be tabulated and charted.

The course has a rule that if you are late, you need to do something special as a 'punishment'. This time, three students appeared late. Guess what they did in return for being late? They sang a song.







Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti